Rules and Regulations
RULES & REGULATIONS
Rules and regulations of Rosewell Music House
1. The rules and practices of the students in the class.
- Please be on time for the class scheduled, no compensation of minutes will be made later if there is another class after your class. However, if you wish to cancelled the class or could not made it on time, please inform us half an hour or an hour earlier. Failed to do so, no compensation of hour or class will be made.
- In case if the teacher is late, he or she will teach compensatory time. However, if there is class after, the compensatory time will be after.
- It is mandatory for the students to have a consistent learning in every week as it helps the students to learn quicker and remember best. If the students drop often or could not come to learn frequently, these will influence the development of students’ learning skills.
- Noted that: The student can take a leave only 2 times for each course. An absent more than 2 times will be marked absent and there will be no compensatory time for that.
- Course will expired within 4 months from the application date so consistency in learning is mandatory.
- Reservations are required for students to enroll and pay tuition before the class is held. Otherwise, class reservation of your students will be cancelled.
- To confirm when the payment is made, please follow our class reservation policy.
- If parents wish to see the lecturer, parents can inform the school before entering the classroom at all times.
**Noted to students who took our Piano Course: Students who wish to take piano exam from Grade 1 range to Grade 8, the students will be required to study music theory in line with our practical class. It is compulsory that students will have to take both theory and practical exams if one wish to continue exam Piano Grade 5. By all students must pass the Grade 5 music theory in order to be eligible to apply for the practical test in Grade 6 by The Associated Board of The Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM).
2. Absent students
- Leave: students who wish to take a leave, please kindly inform our institution 1 day earlier. Later than 1 day will consider absent for the class.
- sick: students who have a sudden illness, please kindly inform our institution before the class starts three hours before. Considered compensation of the class will be taken in case by case. However, if due to our teachers’ illness, it is eligible for us to allow our substitute teachers to teach instead. Be considered that the class is still on.
- The student can take a leave 2 times for each course. An absent more than 2 times will be marked absent and there will be no compensatory time for that.
- Noted that if there is no advance inform and notice, we will considered in this case the student is “absent” and there will be no compensation of the absent class.
- Holidays: The school is open as usual. However, during public holiday will be closed, notices will be informed in our facebook pages or broadcast in our line official beforehand.
3. Compensation hours.
- Administrators will arrange and mark the absent of the students in order to find the time for class compensation. In this case, we will use evidence from the signing records of our teachers whether the students are coming to the class or not. An appointment of class compensation will be informed to parents and students about one week in advance or at least 1-2 days in urgent class.
4. Evaluation of the studies
- The instructors will evaluate the student quarterly. The Grade will show in Alphabet letter (A, B, C, and D), which
A means excellent, B means very good, C means good, and D means further improvement.
The Grade will tell the following:- Basic skills such as reading, music and the rhythm (Basic Skills).
- Various playing techniques (Technical Skills).
- Capable of being a musician and auditory skills. (Musicianship)
- The intention of the students and drills. (Responsibility)
- The school will have a compression clip or a sound clip that students play in every month.
5. Music Examinations
- Students who take ABRSM exams. Acknowledged that the level is ranging from grade 1 to grade 8 for every music instrument. The grade will be given by the examiners based on students’ ability.
- ABRSM exam is open for an enrollment twice a year on June and October.
- When students can pass the exam successfully. And was promoted to a higher class level. The school will have a Certificate of examination results.
- Price of the exam depends on what Grade the student is enrolled.
- Place and time are to be announced.
6. Music Theory exam
- It is a compulsory for the students to complete music theory exams from grade 1 to 5 before he or she can continue to exam Grade 5.
7. School Activities
- We will launced a Mini House Concert twice a year. The concert usually held on June and October. These will prepare the students to be ready and get comfortable performing in front of the public.
- Pre-Exam (Mock Exam): It is mandatory for the students who will take ABRSM exam to have a mock exam first at our house before performing in front of ABRSM examiners. The mock exams will be held 3-4 times before the examination date.
- Annual Concert (Recital): A school’s annual concert will be held at the end of every year usually during December.
8. PRACTICES make PERFECT
- To be successful and obtain the best result of studying, you need practicing. Our institution only offers you knowledge of how to play your favorite musical instrument. For excellent skills, you need self-practices. Learning music is give the best skills for students. However, the rest comes from effective practicing and caring from parents to children. It is said to be the first responsibility of every student to practice on a daily basis.